The next Bachelorette has been announced: Clare Crawley! The blonde beauty has officially been named as the bachelorette for the 16th season of the hit reality show. Keep reading below to learn more about Clare with 20 fun facts!
1) Clare is 38 years old – which makes The Bachelorette history!
2) Her current occupation is a hairstylist (although we’re pretty sure now she can add reality TV starlet to her resumé)! See one of her many hairstyles below, courtesy of her Instagram:
3) This is the first time that a bachelorette contestant has been selected that wasn’t directly from the previous Bachelor cast.
4) She first appeared on the 2014 season of The Bachelor, where Juan Pablo was the lead.
5) She was the runner-up on that season actually, coming in second behind Nikki Ferrell.
6) Clare would go on to appear in spinoffs: Bachelor in Paradise and the one-off The Bachelor: Winter Games.
7) She appeared in the 2014 and 2015 seasons of the former, but she didn’t find her perfect match.
8) The latter had her engaged to French-Canadian Benoit Beauséjour-Savard, although the two split months later. He even left this sweet message for her on his Instagram.
“Congratulations to this gem!! She will be an amazing Bachelorette. She is smart, fun, strong, knows what she wants and most importantly, she will call out the guys messing around!! Hell yeah!! Good Luck on your journey to find love!”
9) Unlike most Bachelor or Bachelorette contestants, Clare has maintained a relatively quiet life.
10) She lives in Sacramento, California.
11) She enjoys hiking and yoga.
12) According to her Instagram bio, she is a “soil and sun loving health enthusiast.”
13) She has an adorable golden retriever.
14) She’s a fan of the Sacramento Kings.
15) She has another cute dog named Elbie.
16) She’s a fan of health food, including green juices, fresh fruits, and veggies.
17) She does have one vice: Starbucks! Who doesn’t love a good coffee though?
18) One of her best friends is Renée Maynard, who was a former Bachelor contestant in season 18.
19) In her spare time, she enjoys kayaking and other water sports. You can see a shot from her IG below:
20) A huge part of her self care? Epsom salts, bubble baths, and face masks.
MORE BACHELOR(ETTE) NEWS
Kari Highman is a Beauty and Fashion Blogger at Feeling the Vibe Magazine. Otterbein Alum (2017) – English & Psychology. Always learning & creating. Avid fan of mid 2000’s TV & pop music. Comments or tips, email [email protected]