Dancing with the Stars is surely in full swing and we couldn’t be happier!
The ballroom is totally tubular for a fun “80s Night” theme when 12 celebrity and pro-dancer couples compete for the 5th week live. The show will make a grand start as host Tyra Banks walks into the ballroom to a classic 80’s hit – Whitney Houston’s “How Will I Know.”
Chrishell Stause (Selling Sunset) will be taking on 80s night by dancing to the New Kids on the Block hit, You Got It (The Right Stuff). And Yes – she is a big blockhead! Chrishell is calling out to the blockhead community (NKOTB fans) for their votes this week. She refuses to be sent home to her favorite guys’ song!
When she woke up to a regram by Danny Wood, she says she screamed. Check out the Instastory below.
The couples will be vying for America’s vote each week. On October 12th, they will be dancing to a fun 80s hit. See below for the full list.
•Head coach Monica Aldama (“CHEER”) and pro Val Chmerkovskiy dancing the Tango to “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell
• Kaitlyn Bristowe (“The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette”) and pro Artem Chigvintsev dancing the Tango to “I Think We’re Alone Now” by Tiffany
• Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis and pro Peta Murgatroyd dancing the Tango to “Livin’ On a Prayer” by Bon Jovi
• Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson and pro Alan Bersten dancing Jazz to “The Power of Love” by Huey Lewis & The News
• Actress Justina Machado (“One Day at a Time”) and pro Sasha Farber dancing Jazz to “Maniac” by Michael Sembello
• Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean and pro Cheryl Burke dancing the Waltz to “Open Arms” by Journey
• Emmy® Award-winning host of “The Real” and sideline correspondent on “Holey Moley,” Jeannie Mai, and pro Brandon Armstrong dancing Jazz to “Like a Virgin” by Madonna
• TV and film actor Jesse Metcalfe and pro Sharna Burgess dancing the Tango to “Everybody Wants to Rule The World” by Tears for Fears
• GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly and pro Daniella Karagach dancing the Samba to “Rhythm of the Night” by DeBarge
• TV host Nev Schulman (“Catfish”) and pro Jenna Johnson dancing the Quickstep to “Take on Me” by a-ha
• Actress Chrishell Stause (“Selling Sunset”) and pro Gleb Savchenko dancing the Cha Cha to “You Got it (The Right Stuff)” by New Kids on the Block
• Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir and pro Britt Stewart dancing Contemporary to “Total Eclipse of the Heart” by Bonnie Taylor
How can you vote?
Live votes (via abc.com, the ABC app and SMS/text) will occur each week only during the live broadcast in the EDT/CDT time zones (but fans in all U.S. time zones may vote within that window). With each subsequent episode, the live vote combined with the judges’ scores will be revealed during the broadcast. At the end of the evening, judges will decide which celebrity up for elimination stays in the competition and which celebrity’s journey comes to an end.
Tune in on MONDAY, OCT. 12 (8:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Episodes can be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.