Tarek El Moussa and Heather Rae Young are the “it couple” of TV right now, as Heather is one of the stars of Netflix’s Selling Sunset and Tarek hosts HGTV’s Flip or Flop. In addition to their successful shows, the couple has another reason to celebrate: they’re engaged! Keep reading below for details on their engagement, plus 25 fun facts about Tarek and Heather.
Heather Rae Young
1) Heather has previous acting experience. According to her IMDB page, she appeared as Jessica in The Malibu Tapes, Brandi in Love in the Time of Monsters, and even had a tiny role in The Internship.
2) She’s also a successful model. She was in various magazines, and was signed with MMG, which is a model and talent agency.
3) Heather has been with the Oppenheim Group since 2015, and her official title is a Real Estate Associate.
4) She specializes in high-profile clients and major money-making properties. She’s done sales for musicians, athletes, you name it!
5) Heather’s an animal lover. She has 3 dogs: Sebastian, Baxter, and Brandy.
6) She’s also big into fitness and all things wellness. She even used to be a Pilates instructor.
Tarek El Moussa
7) Tarek has two children: Taylor (age 9) and Brayden (age 4), from his previous marriage.
8) Christina Anstead was Tarek’s ex-wife; she’s also in the home and real estate business. The two co-hosted HGTV’s Flip or Flop.
9) Even cooler? Tarek just announced that his spinoff show Flipping 101 is getting a second season! The hit HGTV show is even casting for new “flip” projects. You can check out his Instagram post below:
10) Tarek has taken his expertise in real estate and investing in homes virtual – he hosts seminars for his students with his startup “Homemade Investor” by Tarek El Moussa. You can see his full account here.
11) He enjoys spending time with his family, and they often do group activities like bike riding or taking a dip in the pool.
12) Tarek also enjoys boating, hiking, traveling, wining and dining.
13) Even though he can’t appear on Selling Sunset due to his HGTV contract, that doesn’t stop Tarek from supporting Heather’s show. He often posts to social media (IG and Twitter) about it, encouraging his fans to check it out.
Heather and Tarek: a Selling Sunset romance
14) Did you know Heather and Tarek recently celebrated their one year anniversary? Yep, they began dating in July 2019.
15) They met over 4th of July weekend in 2019, as they both were boating with friends. Their boats even docked next to each other – a total coincidence!
16) Tarek knew Heather was the one instantly – that whole “love at first sight” thing? He totally believes in it! The couple became exclusive after their second date, and moved in together after a week of dating.
17) Tarek got Heather one heck of a 32nd birthday present: a white Ferrari! That occurred in September 2019, which was really only about a month and a half into their whirlwind romance.
18) Heather surprised Tarek for his birthday too! She got him a cake and celebrated with a lovely dinner and birthday song.
19) Heather and Tarek’s fathers met in August 2019, during Tarek’s birthday celebration; Heather and Tarek’s mothers have spent time together boating with the happy couple.
20) According to PEOPLE, Tarek proposed to Heather on July 25 during a boat trip to Catalina, as they were celebrating their anniversary. He decorated the beach with rose petals and candles!
21) As for her ring? Tarek chose a eight-carat emerald-cut diamond, as 8 is Heather’s lucky number.
22) Dinner on the beach followed the epic proposal, which was surrounded in more flowers and candles. And yes, the dinner was made especially for Heather: everything was vegan. How cool is that?
23) Together, the couple are worth 11 million: Tarek at around 10, and Heather at about 1 million.
24) Even in the midst of the pandemic, the duo managed to find a beautiful beach house that’s perfect for their family. Their new house is in Newport Beach, California – yes, as in the famous location from The OC!
25) Tarek has 796,000 Instagram followers; Heather has 904,000. Together they have 1.7 million fans on the app. Both are verified there, but only Heather is verified on Twitter. On the latter, Heather’s got 139,000 followers, whereas Tarek’s only got about 39,000. Of course, to be fair, he’s not on Twitter nearly as much as he is Instagram!
Now that you know more about Tarek and Heather’s relationship, be sure to check out HGTV for Tarek’s Flipping 101 show; Netflix is the place to go for Heather’s Selling Sunset, whose third season will premiere August 7.
MORE NEWS ON TAREK EL MOUSSA AND HEATHER RAE YOUNG
Selling Sunset‘s Heather Rae Young and Tarek El Moussa Film Flipping 101
Who is Heather Rae Young? Get 5 Facts on Tarek El Moussa’s Girlfriend
Tarek El Moussa to Continue on Flip or Flop Following Season 7 Finale
If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, Feeling the Vibe may receive an affiliate commission.
Kari Highman is a Beauty and Fashion Blogger at Feeling the Vibe Magazine. Otterbein Alum (2017) – English & Psychology. Always learning & creating. Avid fan of mid 2000’s TV & pop music. Comments or tips, email [email protected]