Wednesday May 1 was music’s biggest night – and the 2019 Billboard Music Awards certainly did not disappoint! Stars galore lined the red carpets, getting photos taken, and chatting up interviewers. Two standout celebrities from the night were Taylor Swift and Sabrina Carpenter. Both blonde beauties garnered a ton of attention for their bold fashion, hair, and makeup choices, for good reason! From cat eyes to pretty pastels, we’ve got the full breakdown for you on each of their looks. So keep reading to see how to get Taylor Swift and Sabrina Carpenter’s hair, makeup, and outfits from the 2019 BBMAs!
Taylor Swift BMA 2019 Hair
- While on the Billboard carpet, Taylor rocked an intricate braided updo, complete with her signature full bangs. There was a little twist to her hair though – she weaved in a couple purple extensions into her hairstyle, which came through on profile shots. This specific look was crafted by Jemma Muradian, and the products that were used included Loreal Color, Kerastase for prep, and Oribe for style.
- She didn’t stop there though: during her performance of “ME!”, Taylor rocked a pink dip-dyed ponytail! She pulled it back into a mid-height, slightly texturized ponytail, and left her bangs alone, albeit they had a slight wispier appearance once her performance ended. The waves were created from the braids earlier in the night, which made for an easy style switch-up!
Taylor Swift BMA 2019 Makeup
- Taylor’s makeup artist Lorrie Turk gave Taylor her signature cat eye, but added in a shimmery lavender eyeshadow to match her dress. The same purple shadow was put onto her lower lashlines too, which added a tad bit of smokiness without having to use black. Her lip was a muted rose, which balanced out her eyes with just enough color.
- Now, for her onstage performance, she upped the ante with a brighter, more fuchsia pink lipstick, and it appeared that she toned down the eyeshadow in lieu of that. Perfect choice, considering her lipstick then matched her pink ponytail. One affordable option that Taylor wears? Covergirl’s “Garnet Flame” Lipstick.
Taylor Swift BMA 2019 Outfit
- Taylor’s pretty lilac minidress with lace inserts was by Raisa and Vanessa from their Spring 2019 collection. And get this: you can actually buy it! It’s available online at Raisa and Vanessa’s official website, so get it before it’s gone! Her shoes were silver Casadei heels, which you can buy as well – click here to grab them! She accessorized her look with a silver ear cuff, and a gold ring.
- Her stage look was custom-made by stylist Joseph Cassell, but if you really want to replicate the rainbow minidress, try this similar (and affordable!) option from Shein.
Sabrina Carpenter BMA 2019 Hair
- Sabrina’s hairdresser, Scott King, did a texturized look for her hair, giving her those ‘mermaid waves’ everyone’s after. In order to create that look, a little bit of bend was put in the hair to create that ‘bedhead’ look. It’s intentionally undone looking, but not super messy.
- A soft, slightly off-center part gave Sabrina the option to toss one side of her hair over her shoulder, which added much needed movement. The volume was made possible by Laced Hair Extensions, which are regularly used on Sabrina for events.
Sabrina Carpenter BMA 2019 Hair
- Allan Avendano did Sabrina’s makeup, and focused on a graphic eyeliner. It was a little bit like a classic cat eye, but had that mod tie-in with the liner up into the crease. The open-ended shape made it modern. Dior’s “On Stage” Liquid Eyeliner will get you her creative eye look.
- The rest of her features were kept relatively muted, with glowing skin and a nude lip. Fenty Beauty’s Killawatt Highlighter in “Mean Money/Hustla Baby” and the Shimmer Stix in “Starstruck” will give you that amazing glow. BUXOM’s “Nude Exposure” gets you that soft application with nice color payoff like Sabrina had.
Sabrina Carpenter BMA 2019 Outfit
- While Sabrina’s exact jumpsuit is sold-out; the brand (Rasario) has a pair of black satin pants that mimic the lower half of her jumpsuit. Paired with this silver sequin cropped cami from NastyGal would give you a very close match to Sabrina’s outfit.
- Now, if you actually wanted a sequined bodice jumpsuit, Express has one featuring black sequins, which gets you a similar look too. Sabrina accessorized her outfit with an ear cuff (like Taylor!) – but hers is from KATKIM, which you can buy here.
Be sure to follow Taylor Swift and Sabrina Carpenter on Instagram (@taylorswift and @sabrinacarpenter, respectively) for more behind the scenes at their special event looks! If you want more info on the Billboard Music Awards 2019, click through a few more of our articles below to get your fix!
MORE ON THE BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS 2019
Kari Highman is a Beauty and Fashion Blogger at Feeling the Vibe Magazine. Otterbein Alum (2017) – English & Psychology. Always learning & creating. Avid fan of mid 2000’s TV & pop music. Comments or tips, email [email protected]