When Darren Barnet aka Paxton walked into Devi’s room on ‘Never Have I Ever’ we all swooned! That hair, those abs, that voice – who is he?
We are going to dive into a little more about Darren Barnet, who plays Paxton on the new Netflix teen coming of age series below!
1. ‘Never Have I Ever’ was released on his birthday – April 27th. He just turned 29 years old. Darren even made a post about this to his Instagram profile. “Never Have I Ever coming to @netflix on my BIRTHDAY April 27th! I could not have asked for a better gift. Created by the most badass duo I’ve ever seen, @mindykaling & @loulielang. A coming of age comedy that will make you laugh while also hitting you straight in the heart. I play Paxton. An aloof jock with a heart of gold and layers you might not see on the surface. I can’t explain how grateful I am to be a part of this wonderful story. To all my cast mates and everyone that made this happen, I love you.“
2. Darren is Japanese-American and very close to his mother and sisters. “Happy mommas day to my superwoman. Love you, mom. So happy I got spend this beautiful weekend with you and my big sis @jenbarnet_rudolph. Only one we were missing was the baby @emilyxbreanna,” he wrote on Instagram.
3. He moved to the outskirts of Orlando, Florida when he was 12. His mother kept him busy with a rigorous school schedule and getting involved in sports.
4. Darren and his sisters were big fans of the show “Sister Sister” growing up starring Tia and Tamera Mowry. Some of his dreams came true when he not only met Tia but got to share the red carpet with Tia to celebrate the wrap of ‘Family Reunion’ on Netflix.
5. To break this ice with his ‘Never Have I Ever’ cast members, he took everyone out to the bowling alley on one of their first days on set. This was super fun but needless to say, they had to put out some fires when they got back to the Netflix set, as he told Teen Vogue.
‘Never Have I Ever’ is currently streaming on Netflix.
Courtney Rose is an Entertainment Writer at Feeling the Vibe Magazine based in New York. Pop culture and rom-com obsessed. Studied Journalism and is up to date on all the latest entertainment news. For tips or comments, email me at Courtney@feelingthevibe.com