Dancing with the Stars has an all-new spinoff called DWTS: Juniors. The show will premiere in October and will star 12 celebrity kids (like Alana “Honey Boo Boo” Thompson and Jason Maybaum from Raven’s Home) are paired with junior dancers, who are then mentored by Dancing with the Stars professionals like Witney Carson and Sasha Farber. Hosting will be DWTS Season 25 winner Jordan Fisher and contestant Frankie Muniz; judging will be DWTS pro Val Chmerkovskiy, DWTS choreographer Mandy Moore, and 2018 Winter Olympics bronze medalist Adam Rippon.
To get ready for the show, we have fun facts about the famous kids behind Dancing with the Stars: Juniors – so keep reading to learn more!
1) Addison was the first girl and youngest winner of MasterChef Junior at just 10 years old.
2) She is currently working on her debut cookbook.
3) Lev was featured in Justin Timberlake’s music video for “Can’t Stop The Feeling.” He was also in a commercial for Old Navy and an episode of Little Big Shots.
4) Alana got her start at 5 years old on the TLC show Toddlers & Tiaras, and then got her own show with her family called Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.
5) She currently stars on weTV’s Mama June: From Not to Hot with her mom and sisters. When she’s not filming, she likes everything 13 year olds like: social media, texting, and makeup.
6) Tristan has two ‘Best Dancer’ titles to his name, as well as a spot on the 2018 Beat Squad team at Dancerpalooza.
7) Akash is the youngest boy ever (then at 6 years old) to compete in the Scripps National Spelling Bee.
8) He began competing in spelling bees when he was just 2 years old and became a member of Mensa, an iQ forum, at age 3!
9) Kamri has competed in the national Radix Dance Convention with her team and won first place with Brightyn Brems and Bryten Belka.
10) You may have seen Ariana on Disney Channel’s Stuck in the Middle, where she played Daphne Diaz.
View this post on Instagram
When I auditioned for #stuckinthemiddle I was 6 years old and next month I’ll be 11. They say it “takes a village”and that’s exactly what our Diaz family is a little village nestled in Culver City with some of the most creative, generous, people I have ever known. I’m so grateful to the casting director‘s @sherylevine the brilliant writer’s, directors, and the Disney executives Judy, Gary, Carla, Andy and Cornelia, to our tireless crew and to my Diaz family, Joe, Cerina, Malachi, Nicky, Jenna, Kayla, Isaak and Ronnie. You will all be forever in my heart and I am forever grateful. You took a chance on this little girl from Parkland Fl to play your Daphne and it changed my life forever. Tonight at 8:30 is our series finale on Disney Channel. I hope you watch and I love you all for the years of support?❤️? #ForeverDiaz #DaphnesArmy ✌?
11) Her next project is the film The One and Only Ivan, which will have her alongside Breaking Bad‘s Bryan Cranston and Maleficent‘s Angelina Jolie.
12) Artyon is 1/2 of the dance duo “Artyon & Paige” – they were profiled on Dance Spirit’s “You Should Know” column. Their dancing is described as flexible, funky, cool, and incredible.
13) Hudson has been seen in American Crime Story: The People v. OJ Simpson, Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, and Dawn, Modern Family, and Teachers.
14) He’s currently appearing on General Hospital as Jake Spencer.
15) This will be Kameron’s first television appearance. She is no stranger to competition though, as she finished Top 10 at Radix.
16) Jason is currently playing “Levi” in Disney Channel’s Raven’s Home. He’s also featured in the Disney Channel Original Movie Freaky Friday.
17) The one food he can’t give up? French fries!
18) You’ve seen Elliana dancing on TV since 2016, where she’s been a regular on Dance Moms.
19) Mackenzie’s not only a dancer, she’s an actress and singer too! She starred in the Brat Network show Total Eclipse and released two songs in 2016/2017. She even went on a Day & Night Tour with collaborator Johnny Orlando!
20) Mackenzie is also an author and released her book, Kenzie’s Rules for Life this past May, which details her advice on life topics.
21) Sage is a regular in LA dance class videos, as well as in a couple music videos (Sia’s “The Greatest” and Leona Lewis’ “Fire Under My Feet”).
22) Mandla is the son of superstar Stevie Wonder. He loves spending time with his family, including his five brothers and four sisters.
23) He’s also an aspiring fashion designer, and he loves to sketch clothes.
24) Brightyn loves to go on the lake, and hang out with her family and friends.
25) You have probably seen Miles on the ABC show black-ish. He’s also just completed the indie film “Emmett.”
26) Miles is a member of the Jr. NBA Leadership Council, which provides lessons that aligns with the Jr. NBA brand.
27) Rylee is the younger sister of DWTS pro Lindsay Arnold. She’s been dancing since she was a little girl, and will actually be working with her big sis on the show!
28) Sky is from Japan and is the youngest competitor ever (she was only 7 when she competed in 2016!) in the Vans US Open.
29) She has sponsorships from brands like Roxy and Grizzly, and has her sights set on the 2020 Tokyo Olympics as well as the X Games.
30) JT was a runner up on So You Think You Can Dance, as well as a performer at Radix!
31) Sophia is basically an “honorary Kardashian” – she’s friends with North (Kim’s daughter) and Penelope (Kourtney’s daughter)!
32) She’s the daughter of NBA Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen.
33) In addition to dancing, Jake enjoys baseball.
34) Tripp is the son of Bristol Palin, which makes him the grandson of former presidential candidate Sarah Palin.
35) Hailey’s the niece of DWTS pro Jenna Johnson!
36) Hailey is a fan of Pinkberry (frozen yogurt).
To see these kids and dance pros in action, be sure to watch the premiere of Dancing with the Stars: Juniors on Sunday October 7 at 8/7 c only on ABC.
Kari Highman is a Beauty and Fashion Blogger at Feeling the Vibe Magazine. Otterbein Alum (2017) – English & Psychology. Always learning & creating. Avid fan of mid 2000’s TV & pop music. Comments or tips, email [email protected]