The boys of Why Don’t We have been blowing up the music scene lately: from their dashing good looks, fun personalities, and great songs, it’s no wonder they are so popular! We have 30 fun facts about the boy band for you below, so check them out!
2) The boys originally all started out as solo artists, then they met up in LA and decided to form a band.
3) Before pursuing the band, Daniel made the Top 10 on American Idol season 14; the others posted cover songs on YouTube.
4) Since they formed in 2016, the band has released 5 extended plays (EPs), and has gone on a summer tour.
5) They are currently on the Asia leg of their Invitation Tour, and have a pre-order for the title song “8 Letters” from their debut album (out August 31!).
6) In addition to their road trips on tour, they also share a house in LA together.
7) Daniel plays 20 instruments, including the piano; but his favorite is cello.
8) Jonah used to play baseball in high school back in Minnesota.
9) Jonah is from Minnesota, Zach is from Texas, Corbyn is from Virginia, Daniel is from Washington, and Avery is from Pennsylvania.
10) Zach has an extensive bandana collection. He think he has around 30 now – but never stops wanting more (as evidenced by this funny tweet)!
can someone buy me a cool bandana
— Zach Herron (@ImZachHerron) March 22, 2018
11) The band’s go-to food place is Chipotle.
12) Corbyn has a fascination with airports. He even collects postcards at each one he visits.
13) One of Jonah’s biggest musical influences is Ed Sheeran. Jonah (and the rest of the band!) have actually met and hung out with him at iHeart’s Jingle Ball.
15) Avery is addicted to gum.
16) Corbyn is considered to be the “nerd” of the group – he has a love for all things space and universe related.
17) Avery’s favorite emoji is the “crying laughing” one: ?.
18) Corbyn’s current TV binge? Stranger Things!
19) Jonah’s go-to Starbucks order is a venti caramel latte.
20) Zach’s favorite app is Instagram — which makes sense because his theme is really cool! Right now he’s been doing a lot of black and white photos, like this one below!
21) Jonah loves hanging out by the water or in the pool. Check out the photo below!
22) Before becoming 1/4 of WDW, Avery actually went on tour with IMPACT as a solo artist.
23) Jonah also recorded music as a solo artist prior to WDW, and even released a full length album called When the Daylight’s Gone. He also went on the 2014 DigiTour with famous vloggers Cameron Dallas and Nash Grier.
24) The boys think of The Beatles and *NSYNC as musical aspirations. Check out their homage to the Beatles’ “Abbey Road” below!
25) Jonah’s dad is a musician, and Corbyn’s mom played the harp for 40 years. Music has always been a part of all the guys’ lives.
26) Thanks to their YouTube backgrounds, the band is super talented at mashups and covers! Check out one they did below!
27) In the first 9 months of being a band, Why Don’t We already amassed 1 million followers on Instagram! They even had a sold-out tour (their smaller “Something Different” tour).
28) If they had to describe their music: “a bit more urban driven” R&B and of course, some pop influences.
29) Their favorite part of their journey? Being able to grow individually, as a group, and along with their fans.
30) The name “Why Don’t We” came from the idea to form a group. The name also serves a group motto for their music and in their lives. How cool is that?!
You can download Why Don’t We’s newest track “8 Letters”, which is also the title of their debut LP, set to be released on August 31st. Be sure to follow the band on Instagram to keep up with all their success!
Kari Highman is a Beauty and Fashion Blogger at Feeling the Vibe Magazine. Otterbein Alum (2017) – English & Psychology. Always learning & creating. Avid fan of mid 2000’s TV & pop music. Comments or tips, email firstname.lastname@example.org