November is here, which means so is Hallmark‘s “Countdown to Christmas” movie marathon! One of the new films that will grace TV screens is Christmas Joy, which stars Danielle Panabaker as Joy, a big-time marketer that has to travel home during the holidays to take care of her injured aunt.
While there, Joy (Panabaker) runs into her old crush, Ben (played by Matt Long). They meet again while working on the town baking competition, but is it enough to help her remember the importance of holiday spirit?
To hold you over until the premiere on November 3, we have 15 fun facts about “Joy” aka: Danielle Panabaker! Keep reading below to learn more about her.
1) Danielle is the oldest sibling (31 years old). Her younger sister, Kay (28) was an actress, and now works as a zookeeper at Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
2) Danielle is probably best known for her current role as “Caitlin Snow/Killer Frost” in the CW series The Flash. She’s starred alongside Grant Gustin in the series since 2014, and will make her directorial debut in the fifth season’s eighth episode.
3) Danielle rose to fame in Disney movies, including 2004’s Stuck in the Suburbs and 2005’s Sky High.
4) She even got to star alongside her sister, Kay in a Disney film! In the 2006 film Read It and Weep, Danielle played “Is” the alter-ego of her sister’s character “Jamie.”
5) Danielle is one smart woman. She graduated from high school at age 14, and then graduated college at 20. And of course, she made the Deans List. Wow.
6) She got engaged to her longtime boyfriend, Hayes Robbins in July 2016, and the couple married in June 2017.
7) Doing a complete 180 from her Disney movies, Danielle went on to star in 3 horror films in 2009 and 2010: Friday the 13th, The Crazies, and The Ward.
8) Christmas Joy isn’t Danielle’s first Hallmark movie! She starred in The Shunning in 2011, and The Nearlyweds in 2013.
9) You may have also seen Danielle in more dramatic TV roles. She guest starred on an episode of Law & Order: SVU and the short-lived LA version. She also appeared in Lifetime’s Mom at Sixteen and Sex, Love, and the Single Mom.
10) She’s incredibly generous. She has volunteered with UNICEF, The Art of Elysium, and the Young Storyteller’s Foundation.
11) She’s an advocate for women, children, and positive change. She’s spoken out about the pay gap in Hollywood and has said that she wants to continue to be a role model, especially for her younger fans, since they are “the future.”
12) If you’ve seen Danielle pre-Flash, then you have seen her without her now signature bangs. Those bangs were actually an attempt to cover a scar she had gotten on her forehead in 2016, and they have stuck around ever since – though they’ve grown out quite a bit in 2 years!
13) As for makeup? Danielle has a few favorite products: NARS Tinted Moisturizer and Fresh Tinted Lip Balm. She keeps her style simple too, favoring feminine and chic pieces that can be dressed up or down.
14) Danielle’s been nominated for 3 Teen Choice Awards (“Choice TV Actress – Sci/Fi”) for her role on The Flash.
15) Her dog, Elliot is one of the most adorable pups ever. Danielle even calls him her “son.” How fun!
Check out the gallery below for photos from Danielle’s new movie, Christmas Joy!
Be sure to catch Danielle in Christmas Joy on November 3 at 8/7 c, only on Hallmark; and on The Flash, which airs new episodes Tuesdays at 8 PM on the CW.
Kari Highman is a Beauty and Fashion Blogger at Feeling the Vibe Magazine. Otterbein Alum (2017) – English & Psychology. Always learning & creating. Avid fan of mid 2000’s TV & pop music. Comments or tips, email [email protected]