Sky Brown may only be 10 years old, but this multi-talented girl has been climbing the ladder of success for a while now. Get to know Sky with our list of 10 fun facts below!
1) She’s a skateboarding and surfing prodigy. Sky first learned to skate at just 3 years old, and has also been surfing since a young age too.
2) Sky is the youngest skateboarder to have competed at the Vans US Open. She was only 8 years old when she participated in the 2016 competition. Wow!
3) She’s from Miyazaki, Japan.
4) Her brother, Ocean is also a skater. They help support each other in the sport.
5) She dreams of going to the Olympics – look out Tokyo, 2020!
6) Her favorite music to psych herself up before a competition are Sia and Nicki Minaj.
7) When she’s not skateboarding (which is rare!), she loves to hang out with her family and friends.
8) She’s traveled all over the world including South Africa, Cambodia, and Afghanistan. She goes for competitions, but also works with organizations and does charity work while in different countries.
9) Her other hobbies include: karate, jujitsu, singing, and dancing.
10) She wants to inspire young girls to chase their dreams just like she has. Her advice? Don’t care about what other people say or think. You can do it, even if they say you can’t.
Be sure to catch Sky (along with her partner JT, and their coach, Alan Bersten) on ABC’s DWTS: Juniors when new episodes air Sundays at 8/7 c!
Kari Highman is a Beauty and Fashion Blogger at Feeling the Vibe Magazine. Otterbein Alum (2017) – English & Psychology. Always learning & creating. Avid fan of mid 2000’s TV & pop music. Comments or tips, email firstname.lastname@example.org