This season of Dancing with the Stars is going to be hot – there are tons of celebrities including Fuller House‘s Juan Pablo di Pace and model Alexis Ren – plus all your favorite professional dancers are back! To introduce you to this new cast, we have 52 fun facts for you about the 13 pairs below! Keep reading to learn more about this season’s cast!
1) Bobby is the host of a nationally syndicated radio show based out of Nashville, “The Bobby Bones Show.”
2) He was also a guest judge on ABC’s American Idol earlier this year.
3) Sharna dances club/freestyle, disco, hip-hop, jazz, swing, and ballroom.
4) She was actually born in Australia; she even performed in the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games closing ceremony.
5) DeMarcus played for the Denver Broncos and the Dallas Cowboys.
6) He left the Cowboys in 2013 and retired from the NFL in 2016.
7) Before DWTS, Lindsay was a contestant on So You Think You Can Dance and made it into the Top 10! She even performed on their tour.
8) She placed 1st with partner Jordan Fisher in Season 25 of DWTS. She placed 2nd the season before.
9) You probably saw Milo in the Disney Channel Original Movie Zombies. He played the co-lead alongside Meg Donnelly.
10) He was nominated in the 2017 New York Musical Theatre Festival for “Outstanding Performance in a Lead Role” for the musical Generation Me.
11) Witney finished second runner-up in her debut on So You Think You Can Dance, and placed 1st with partner Alfonso Ribeiro in 2014 on DWTS.
12) Witney received an Emmy nomination for “Best Choreography” for her work on Season 19 of DWTS.
13) Danielle is a Apline skier and parolympian who competed in the 2018 Paralympic Games. She lost her eyesight due a condition called retinitis pigmentosa.
14) The skier won bronze in the 2014 Paralympics in Sochi! She’s competed in downhill and slalom.
15) Artem was born in the Udmet Republic of Russia, and moved to the US in 2003 for his professional dancing career.
16) Before DWTS, Artem first competed on Strictly Come Dancing as a professional dancer. He too auditioned for SYTYCD like his other dancing costars.
17) You probably saw Joe on The Bachelorette and The Bachelor in Paradise where he competed for a chance at love. He dated Kendall Long during that period, and even though they broke up, they recently have reconnected.
18) Joe got his nickname from his job as a produce buyer in Chicago.
19) Jenna won last season of DWTS with partner Adam Rippon.
20) Jenna is currently engaged to dancer Val Chmerkovskiy. They have been dating since 2015.
21) John is probably best known for his portrayal of Bo Duke in The Dukes of Hazard. You may have also seen him portray Jonathan Kent in Smallville.
22) In addition to acting, Schneider has also been successful as a country singer.
23) Emma’s husband Sasha actually proposed to her on a 2016 broadcast of DWTS! How cute is that!
24) She was featured in the 2008 movie Mamma Mia! She even got to sing on the soundtrack.
25) Nancy’s best known for her role as Jo in the 1980 sitcom The Facts of Life.
26) You might have also seen her playing Demi Lovato’s mom on the Disney Channel show Sonny with a Chance.
27) Val cannot wait to start a family with fiancé Jenna Johnson (the DWTS star a couple paragraphs above!).
28) Val recently did a ‘teaching tour’ where he went to different cities and taught dance classes including coaching and master classes!
29) Mary Lou was the first U.S woman to win all-around gold in individuals at the Olympics and was inducted into the International Gymnastics Hall of Fame in 1997.
30) She was also the first female to be pictured on a Wheaties box!
31) Sasha was born in Russia and is Australian.
32) He attended Moriah College in Sydney, Australia before pursuing professional dance.
33) Tinashe is a Zimbabwean singer-songwriter who was first a part of the music group “The Stunners” – but she has since moved on and pursued a solo career. She just recently released her 3rd alum, Joyride.
34) She credits Britney Spears, Michael Jackson, and Christina Aguilera among her musical influences.
35) Brandon is the newest pro dancer and is making his debut this season! Prior to his promotion, he was a part of the dance troupe for 3 years.
36) His favorite food is mac n’ cheese with hot sauce.
37) Juan Pablo is best known for his current role on the Netflix series Fuller House, where he plays Kimmy Gibbler’s (Andrea Barber) ex-husband, Fernando.
38) You may have also seen Juan on the TNT revival of Dallas in 2013.
39) Cheryl is currently engaged to Boy Meets World star Matthew Lawrence (brother of Melissa & Joey actor, Joey).
40) She replaced Abby Lee Miller in 2017 on Dance Moms and subsequently took over the ALDC Elite Dance Team.
41) Nikki Glaser is best known for her work as a stand-up comedian. She has appeared on Inside Amy Schumer, Last Call with Carson Daly, and Comedy Central Roasts. She even hosted her own show Not Safe with Nikki Glaser in 2016.
42) She has also appeared as a guest star on a few comedy TV shows, including Alone Together, AP Bio, and Adam Ruins Everything.
43) Gleb has been married to his wife Elena for 12 years, and they have 2 children together.
44) Some of Gleb’s previous partners have been Real Housewive Lisa Vanderpump, country singer and One Tree Hill actress Jana Kramer, and most recently, Pretty Little Liars actress Sasha Pieterse.
45) Alexis rose to fame thanks to her modeling experience. She was the August 2017 Maxim covergirl, a Sports Illustrated 2018 Rookie and was Maxim Mexico’s covergirl for March 2018.
46) She keeps fit, showing her progress on social media/YouTube, and even has a line of active wear, called Ren Active.
47) Alan won Season 10 of So You Think You Can Dance with partner Amy Yakima.
48) He attended the University of Minnesota.
49) Evanna is best known for portraying Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter movie franchise.
50) She’s worked with MS (multiple sclerosis) charities in Ireland, and is also a board member of the Harry Potter Alliance (HPA), an organization that focuses on human rights.
51) Keo is a South African dancer specializing in Latin and ballroom dancing.
52) He’s made it to the quarter finals once before with 2016 partner Jodie Sweetin (also on Fuller House like Juan Pablo!). Here’s hoping he can make it again this year!
To see the couples in action on the dance floor, be sure to watch the premiere of Dancing with the Stars Season 27 on September 24 at 8/7 c only on ABC!
Kari Highman is a Beauty and Fashion Blogger at Feeling the Vibe Magazine. Otterbein Alum (2017) – English & Psychology. Always learning & creating. Avid fan of mid 2000’s TV & pop music. Comments or tips, email [email protected]