Drake Hogestyn, 65, was a staple name in the soap opera world when he debuted as John Black on ‘Days of Our Lives‘ in 1986. He is still acting on the show today and recently featured in ABC’s “The Story of Soaps” special. We want to dive into a little more about this phenomenal actor!
1. Drake married his childhood sweetheart, Victoria. Together they have 4 children.
2. On Father’s Day, Drake left this message on Twitter. “On Father’s Day…Victoria and I are so thankful and proud of the dynamic young adults our children have grown into. Dads…never stop listening, guiding and loving.”
3. His daughter is an ER doctor out on the front lines during the COVID-19 pandemic. “You’re my hero Dr.Morton, but you’ll always be my little girl. Stay safe on the front lines.Red heart #ERdoctors #stayhome,” he said.
4. In July 2019, his son Ben got married to his wife Danica. “Woohoo Ben!! Congratulations Son…and WELCOME TO THE FAMILY Danica! We love you!” Drake tweeted with this photo from the beach wedding.
5. His real first name is Donald. Drake is his middle name. He actually attended the University of South Florida in Tampa on a baseball scholarship, majoring in pre-dentistry.
Tune into ‘The Story of Soaps’ on ABC May 19th to learn all about the behind the scenes work of your favorite soaps!
If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, Feeling the Vibe may receive an affiliate commission.
Courtney Rose is an Entertainment Writer at Feeling the Vibe Magazine based in New York. Pop culture and rom-com obsessed. Studied Journalism and is up to date on all the latest entertainment news. For tips or comments, email me at [email protected]