Just last month, Chris Harrison stepped down from his role as host on ABC’s “The Bachelor” after much controversy. ABC officially tapped Emmauel Acho as the brand new host for its popular reality show. Let’s dive in to find out a little more about Emmanuel below.
1. Emmanuel Chinedum Acho is former linebacker who played in the National Football League and is currently working as an analyst for Fox Sports 1.
2. He was born on November 10, 1990 in Dallas, Texas.
3. He was born to Igbo immigrants, Dr. Sonny and Christie Acho, from Nigeria.
4. Emmanuel is a man of many talents. He not only played professional sports for years but he is also musical. Check out this video of him below playing the piano and singing.
5. He is a devout Christian. In his official Instagram bio, he writes, If I only followed 1, it’d be Jesus.
How the News Broke
The announcement of his new role on ABC’s The Bachelor came from its official Instagram page on Saturday night. Emmanuel wasted no time in getting the word out to his 800K followers. He wrote, “IT’S OFFICIAL: I’ve accepted the Rose and am honored to be hosting the @bachelorabc After the Final Rose this year. It’s been a pivotal season, and this episode will hopefully be one of the most storied shows in TV history. Empathy is needed and change is coming. Share the news! I’ll see y’all then! 🌹 ❤️”
Here are two bonus fun facts from Emmanuel himself.
I’m the author of 2020 NYT best seller, “Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man.” A book that answers all the racial questions you’ve been too afraid to ask. Go read it.
I also graduated from the University of Texas with a masters degree, I played for 4 years in the NFL, and I currently host a sports show, @sfyonfs1.
When Will Emmanuel Acho Start Hosting on ‘The Bachelor?’
According to the New York Post, Emmanuel is scheduled to sit down with Matt James for The “After the Final Rose” special for the March 15th episode after the season 25 finale.
If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, Feeling the Vibe may receive an affiliate commission.
Courtney Rose is an Entertainment Writer at Feeling the Vibe Magazine based in New York. Pop culture and rom-com obsessed. Studied Journalism and is up to date on all the latest entertainment news. For tips or comments, email me at [email protected]