American Idol is back tonight with an all-new episode that sees 10 more contestants performing duets alongside celebrity singers. Three more cuts will have to be made in order to get to the “Top 14” on tonight’s episode.
One contestant that will be performing is Alyssa Raghu, who will be singing alongside Julia Michaels. Check out a few photos from tonight’s episode to get a sneak peek at their performance!
10 Fun Facts about Alyssa Raghu
- Alyssa is only 17 years old, and has been singing since she was a young girl.
- She was born in Tucson, Arizona, but resides in Orlando, Florida.
- Her full name is actually Alyssa Maria Raghunandan; she shortened it for professional use.
- She flourished in choir during her middle and high school years, and has also done acting in theater.
- At Lake Nona High School, she starred as “Nina Rosario” in the high school adaption of Lin Manuel Miranda’s “In The Heights.” That performance earned her an Applause Award nomination, as well as praise from critics and fans.
- She was previously eliminated last season on Idol, but surprised judges this season with a stellar comeback performance.
- She’s a fan favorite as well as a favorite of celebrity judge Katy Perry. Katy is also one of Alyssa’s musical idols (the other being Lady Gaga).
- She’s performed at local venues across Orlando, as well as in New York City.
- She’s modeled for Khloe Kardashian’s clothing company, Good American. At 17, that’s a pretty big deal! She’s all about promoting body positivity, which is very cool to see in a young girl today.
- When she’s not singing or performing, she loves spending time outdoors, on the beach, or with her family and friends.
Check out Alyssa’s performance tonight on American Idol, airing tonight at 8 PM on ABC.
If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, Feeling the Vibe may receive an affiliate commission.
Kari Highman is a Beauty and Fashion Blogger at Feeling the Vibe Magazine. Otterbein Alum (2017) – English & Psychology. Always learning & creating. Avid fan of mid 2000’s TV & pop music. Comments or tips, email [email protected]