The Bachelor is back, and season 25 will bring all the drama fans love. While things may look a little different thanks to the pandemic, the 32 ladies competing didn’t let it phase them. And as for the bachelor himself? Well, Matt James is ready to meet the woman that could become his wife. For more details on the all-new season, keep reading below.
Who is Matt James?
1. Matt James was originally supposed to be a contestant on Clare Crawley’s season of The Bachelorette, but filming got complicated due to COVID.
2. Instead, ABC cast him as the next Bachelor, making him the first Black male lead in the franchise.
3. According to ABC’s profile on Matt, he’s 28 years old and works as a real estate broker. His Instagram backs that up, as he writes that his work is with CBRE, one of the largest real estate investment firms.
4. Matt also co-founded ABC Food Tours, an organization that educates children about the food industry through guided tours.
5. They’ve teamed up with restaurateurs and establishments to sponsor children, give back to the community, and aide in the homelessness crisis.
6. Aside from Matt’s giving heart, he also wants a woman to share his life with, which is what he hopes to achieve during his journey on The Bachelor. “Love for me is about the heart, and the way that I view life: everything is a blessing” he said in a voiceover for an ABC promo.
7. In a sneak peek, you’ll see that Matt’s journey isn’t all butterflies and rainbows. He has to make some tough choices, like who to give his first (impression) rose to.
8. If you’re wondering about the cabin-like backdrop, they filmed this season at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Pennsylvania. Chris Harrison told ET that it’s “the [same] blue print and the formula we used to shoot Clare’s season.”
9. Another fun fact about Matt? He’s friends with former Bachelorette contestant Tyler Cameron. The two have been featured on each other’s Instagram profiles, and, get this: Tyler even stopped by The Bachelor set!
In a YouTube video Tyler shared that he “just got back from Nemacolin” after seeing Matt, and he’s “so excited” for everyone to see the new season.
10. Tyler also reported that Matt thinks highly of the girls, and is “pushing himself to be vulnerable” so that viewers will see “the real Matt.”
More about The Bachelor contestants
There’s a whopping 32 ladies that are competing for Matt James’ affections, and fans are applauding its diversity. The women range in age from 21 to 32, and come from all over the US (and Canada).
Standouts amongst the group include 27-year-old “queen” Victoria; single mom and nursing student Amber; 21-year-old NYC socialite Kit, whose mother is fashion designer Cynthia Rowley; not to mention runway model Chelsea, or Miss USA Top 10 finalist Mari.
You can “meet” them by going to The Bachelor’s official Instagram page, and clicking on the first story highlight to get even more fun facts about the girls. Also on their IG profile? A contestant collage featuring all the women, which you can see below:
At the end of night one, however, only 24 of those 32 ladies will continue on in the competition, according to ABC’s official press release. Fans can expect to see Matt be in love for the first time, and he’ll follow through no matter what the consequences. The women won’t make it any easier for him to choose though – their arrivals in the season premiere make that crystal clear.
One will arrive in a robe and ask Matt to help her choose her outfit for the night, a different woman will be driven in a gold Bentley, while another will be carried in on a thrown. You can see a sneak peek at some of the women’s entrances below:
So, which one of them will catch his eye? Capture his heart? Tune in to season 25 of The Bachelor on Jan. 4 at 8/7 c on ABC to find out!
MORE BACHELOR NEWS
Kari Highman is a Beauty and Fashion Blogger at Feeling the Vibe Magazine. Otterbein Alum (2017) – English & Psychology. Always learning & creating. Avid fan of mid 2000’s TV & pop music. Comments or tips, email [email protected]