Meet JD McCrary. He started rising in fame after playing the Young Simba in The Lion King. This Los Angeles native is currently starring in The Paynes as Kenny Payne on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
As soon as we heard his music, we couldn’t help but hear major Justin Bieber vibes. Take a listen below from his song “Stole My Heart.”
We have compiled a list of fun facts about this young popstar. Keep reading below.
So who is JD McCrary?
1.He is the voice of Young Simba in 2019’s The Lion King.
2. Appeared in two episodes of Disney Channel’s KC Undercover co-starring Zendaya in 2015 at only 8 years old.
3. McCrary was cast to portray a young Michael Jackson in the BET series American Soul, which premiered in February 2019.
4. Is the youngest person to be signed by Hollywood Records at only 11 years old. JD said, “Thankful for this blessing. Been working on some music with my @hollywoodrecords @disneymusic family… can’t wait to share it with you guys!“
5. Biggest influences are Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber, and Chris Brown.
6. Collaborated in the studio with the infamous Jermaine Dupri, making the song “Stole My Heart” together.
7. Loves God, his Instagram says “Thanking God First ??“
8. He has one younger brother named Josh.
9. He lent his voice to the Childish Gambino single “Terrified” on the album Awaken, My Love!
10. Already attended one of the Grammy’s and was styled in a Tommy Hilfiger outfit.
There you have it! 10 fun facts about JD McCrary!
Take a listen to JD’s music at the Hollywood Records website.
Listen to his hit “L.O.V.E. U’ right here!
Courtney Rose is an Entertainment Writer at Feeling the Vibe Magazine based in New York. Pop culture and rom-com obsessed. Studied Journalism and is up to date on all the latest entertainment news. For tips or comments, email me at [email protected]